Thursday, June 2, 2016

French Oui Oui

Sorry after being late for so many times, it had to be with being focused on school. Now with summer here I'll try to update it once a week. This week is French. I made Chicken Cordon Bleu, pommes frittes (fancy for french fries), a multi-grain medley, green beans and a baguette.
This is me slicing the fries. 



This is me sorting the fries and coating them in oil, garlic salt and fresh rosemary from our garden.


These are the fries ready to go in the oven.


These are the fries all cooked.


This me pounding the life out of the chicken (it was already dead).



This is me slicing the chicken in half, horizontally.


This is me placing ham and cheese in the chicken and rolling it up.


This is me rolling the chicken in beaten egg.


This is me rolling the chicken in seasoned flour, garlic salt and panko bread crumbs.


This is chicken cordon bleu before being cooked.



This is me getting the green beans out of the boiling water and into the freezing cold water.



This is me sauteeing mushrooms in butter, oil and garlic. I later added the green beans and some fresh squeezed lemon juice.


Finished green beans.


This is the finished plate. It is a castle presentation. Chicken cordon bleu being protected by a layer of rice, the green beans are attacking the layer of bread and fries. I made a sauce for the chicken from butter, white wine, chicken bouillon, cornstarch and heavy whipping cream. 



If you have any questions leave them in the comments!


11 comments:

  1. How long would you say it took you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long would you say it took you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good, Owen! I love the castle presentation too. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clever is my middle name. Owen Clever Burdo.

      Delete
  4. Excellent, Owen! It looks delicious, and the presentation is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job Owen with you cooking and your Blog presentation too.

    I would love to hear comments from your Mom, Dad, Kai & Avery on just how much they LOVED tasting your cooking. If it was as delicious as it looks we may have to have you start selling some to Nana.. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy!! Good job. How long did you cook the fries? I want to try that recipe

    ReplyDelete