Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sorry about that Part 2

Part 2 of the Thanksgiving theme. If you can't understand the title, see part 1.

I'm going to do each part before and after. This is the turkey before. It is stuffed with apples, oranges, celery, herbs and spices.


And after. We cooked it at 500 degrees for 30 minutes. Then we lowered the temperature to 350 degrees until a meat thermometer read 161 degrees. 


 Rumaki- bacon cut in half and cooked slightly, whole water chestnuts, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup sugar. Mix sugar and ketchup in dish. Microwave 1 minute, stir. Wrap bacon around chestnuts and secure with a toothpick. Place in ketchup mixture. Cook at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.

Before.






During.


After. This is actually my Grandpa's recipe.


The continuation of stuffing. Here I am cutting apples.





This is me smiling while pouring broth in.


This is me spreading the stuffing in the pan.


 And this is me putting a smile made out of butter. This smile simply melted.


Home Fries- cube potatoes. Cook in olive oil over medium heat, seasoned with garlic salt.

My favorite. I worked hard on these.


Before. 


After. 


The plating. Admire the presentation, if you must.





Before.


After.


The end. I hope I can continue this blog. You can try some of these recipes if you want.

3 comments:

  1. The dinner looks fabulous! You did such a wonderful job, on such an important meal. You should be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Blog Entry Owen. my sweet tooth is calling me to try that pumpkin pie.. but all portions looked terrific. so glad your Dad enjoyed the meal.. it always makes the effort of preparing such an offering so much more worthwhile when you get compliments from those who eat and enjoy... Keep up the great work Owen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see the blog back Owen! Everything looks great. I think I'm going to try the cranberry sauce recipe this year, looks easy to make. I'm happy to see my dad's rumaki recipe too! Can't wait to see more blog entries!
    Aunt Sam

    ReplyDelete